Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beach babies

















Girls,
We made a very impromptu trip to the beach. Your Mammy and MoMo talked me in to going the night before (I think it was so they could go to the Dylan, Mellencamp, Nelson concert and I would babysit) but I was really glad we went. Bibby, everytime we leave the beach you cry and spend the next several days asking when we are going back. Virginia, you really loved it as well. You would get to the end of the boardwalk and literally belly-flop in to the sand. We flew kites, caught crabs, fed the sea gulls, dug sand fleas, made castles and freaked out on the kiddie rides at "The Track." The only bad part about the beach (besides the fact that I always end up on the pullout couch with one of you jokers) is that it really dates you two. I have such great memories being there with you and everytime we go back I realize how much you changed since we were there last. Bibby, Mammy took you to Alvin's Island and instead of getting your usual (bag of rocks or nasty hermit crabs that we get way too attached to and have to "let swim away" in a near by creek) you got a sassy swimsuit and cover up to match. You could not wait to show it to us and had some serious attitude strutting around in it.

No comments: