Friday, November 13, 2009

The art of playing dress-up



Bibby,
Today you BEGGED for Emily to come home with us. I got to school a little early and you two had congured up the plan for Em to come over, which I honestly never mind. You two play really well together and she is never a minute of trouble. After school her mom brought her over and you both wanted to dress up. You got your outfits all completed. It is so funny to watch you and Emily told you that princesses always wear their hair down so of course your ponytail immediately comes down. You then tell Em that she really needed a hat with her outfit and of course she put one on. I can just picture you two getting dressed 10 years from now talking about what purse will complete your outfit. Anyway, you then wanted the "real" make-up. Not the pretend stuff that doesn't really stick. Of course Momo and Birdie have stocked us full of "real" make-up that I strategically keep above the washer and dryer so their is no possible way you can get in to it (today I was reminded why I do this). You started putting the make-up on each other after envisioning what my rug was going to end up looking like I took on the role. You did do your own nails. You also gave sleeping beauty a lovely new look. You were so precious and very much in to me taking pictures. I loved it because you were so dolled up but wanted to dig up rocks and dirt in the back yard. I love the innocence that you possess. I love the excitement when I tell you we CAN get down the REAL make-up. The was you have to put make up on the sleeping beauty doll because she is your "sister." Thank goodness Virginia was still asleep. I love nothing more than watching you use your imaginations. Virginia, you are really starting to use yours as well. Tonight you were the mouse chasing Tinkerbell (well, that is the story according to Bibby) and you were on your hands and knees squeeking. At lunch today it was a kitty cat. Your personality grows daily. You have a hilarious, quirky side that is keeping your father and I in stitches. I am having a hard time getting on to you because when I try you cut your eyes or do something really dramatic then look up and start laughing.

No comments: