Monday, January 12, 2009

The Big One










Virginia,
It is insanely hard to believe that you are now a year old! I can't get over how incredibly fast your first year of life has flown. You were my little Eskimo baby that was supposed to stay tiny and cuddly. Tiny.......you are not but you do still love to love on everyone and cuddle. You have now started to randomly pat the back of my arm when I am holding you then lay your head on my shoulder. It is if you are telling me you love me. It is one of my favorite things in the whole world. You now walk everywhere. The motto, "Slow and steady wins the race," fits you perfectly. Just the past couple of days you will get a little bit of pep in your step and start to squeal if I tell you that I am going to get you. It just cracks me up because you think you are running. You have truly been nothing but a joy for us. Honestly, I can not remember a time of uncontrollable crying or excessive fussing. You are, however, figuring out how to throw a good fit. It usually is preceded by Bibby taking something away from you. You then let out a really high pitch squeal, throw yourself on the floor and then look around to see who is watching. You love your Bibby more than anyone else. She is the main one that can make you really belly laugh. Occasionally you will go and love on her while she is watching TV. Some of your favorites are purses (or bags with handles), anything you can shake, opening cabinets, climbing in the refrigerator, music and cows. I really think you are going to love life. I know that my life is so full with you in it. I adore you little one.

Stats from check up:
31 1/2 inches tall
28 15oz weight
PS, Jennie Rere made your entire outfit. The hat, shirt and pants. I will never forget how much that meant to me to have you in such a precious outfit on your big day and it was one of the first things she made on her fancy new machine. If only the Parson's were here and we could get you and Ellenie in them together
Random Bibby quotes:
"Mom, put my bathrobe in my dress-up box just in case I ever want to dress up like a Mommy" (I might need to spiff up the lounge clothes)
While wanting me to help her set up her tea set: "Hey, dude, can you come here for a minute!"
After Chuck-E-Cheese for Emily's birthday spoken in a true valley girl accent, "Meg and Caroline (Emily's big sisters), they like love me, I mean they really do" You then walk to the fridge and open it with sass and say, "Good times"

No comments: