Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch







Girls,
Has this ever been a weekend. Dad went to Kentucky to see Bama play and in the mean time the three of us went to the fair, a birthday party, the pumpkin patch and another football party. You both slept in the latest you ever have this morning. I didn't carry my camera to anything but the patch but oh how I wish I had it at the fair. We had to pay (well Papa did) a blooming fortune to get in because it was midnight madness and I was leery that you two wouldn't ride anything but you proved me wrong, well at least you did, Bibby. Virginia, I would love to have captured your face you were so excited, squealing and squeezing your little shoulders together. You would point at a ride and say it over and over, "Choo-choo train, choo-choo train," but when we would get to it and I would ask you if you wanted to ride, "No" was all I got. We did climb all the way up on of those slides that you use a potato sack and slide down and when we got to the top you started saying, "home, home, home" but by this point we were at the top and there were people behind us so I slid on down and your entire body went tense and you let out one long scream then kept telling me, "no-no mommy," afterwards. You really did love everything....except the rides. You were perfectly content to run from place to place looking at the lights and petting the animals and playing the go-fish game. Bibby, you made the entire trip worth every penny when Papa took you down the slide on his lap and you hopped up saying, "that was the most fun thing I have ever done, ever!!!" You two probably slid a half a dozen times. After going for ice cream you two hit the sack....hard. The next morning we went to a fun 1st birthday that was a puppy theme...you two loved it. From there we drove to Meridianville to Tate farms to the pumpkin patch. We met our cousins, the Holders from Scottsboro. Bibby, you and Alex are just two months apart and we rarely get to see them but when you do you two play great together. We really missed Dad being there but you two had so much fun. Virginia, I would say your favorite thing to see was definitely the bunnies. We would head to another activity then you would turn around and bolt back to the petting zoo. Bibby, you loved it all....playing in the corn, the hayride and all the playground equipment. You two picked out your own pumpkins and we cut them straight from the vine. We had such a fun day, that was topped off with another football party and I let you stay until 10, which I have never done. You both slept the longest you ever have the next morning. It was one of those weekends I never wanted to end....but we were glad Dad got back.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Hey! I ran across your blog and have enjoyed reading it! I want to know how you "archive" or "keep" your entires? Do you print them daily or is there a way that I don't know about? I would love to print what I type out, but am not quite sure...I'm new to all the blogging! Please email me (it's Jnaa Jacobs by the way!) Jana_Broughton@merck.com! I would love to hear from you!