Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!!!

two years ago
balloons gigi brought you
Your birthday breakfast Bibby picked out
on the way to birthday lunch

one short year ago
Virginia,
Today is your second birthday. I know I say it all the time but I honestly can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember so vividly the morning of your birth. We went in the hospital the night before to be induced the next morning but I went in to labor on my own. All night long I felt some pretty strong contractions and when I got in the shower around 5 am I knew you were coming soon. Dr. Raiford came in around 6 am and said I was 3 cm. The day was extra special because our dear friends the Parson's were in the room next door getting ready to welcome their baby girl. Shimy had a c-section and I lost it when I heard Ellenie's first little cries. By this point I was ready for my epidural. Right after I got it I went from 5 to 10 cm in 45 minutes and from the time Dr. Raiford said it was time until you were born was 19 minutes. You entered this world at 9:49 am. You were absolutely beautiful. Your hair was really dark and you had lots of it. Your skin tone was darker and you had the most exotic, beautiful eyes I had ever seen on a newborn. Everyone said you looked like an eskimo. From the minute you were born I can honestly say you haven't been a minute of trouble. You love to sleep, eat and are generally content wherever you are. You adore your big sister and have gotten in to copying everything she does and says. The whole time she is telling a story you are standing beside her trying to say what she is. Yesterday you even repeated when she said, "and um" in the story. You love to dance and are really into the princesses (basically anything MB is in to). You are very expressive with your body. If you like something you jump and clap and if you don't you slump your shoulders and frown.....it's really pretty funny. You like to make people laugh. You have been trying to say knock-knock jokes like Bibby has been and you get the punch lines all mixed up and then crack up laughing. You tell us that you love us a lot and it might be the sweetest sound ever. You love to tackle daddy and get on our bed and "rough house." You are a daddy's girl. Usually I can rationalize things with you pretty easily. You love Dora and Diego.....at 2 am the other morning you were singing....."Aygo, Aygo....go Aygo Go!!!" You are Caroline are BFF's. I told you the other day that she was coming and you said, "Yeah, her my fav-rit!" I could eat you up Virginia. We get such joy out of your little life. In two years you have taught your dad and me so much about life and love. I hope that we never disappoint you as parents and can help you achieve anything you want to do in life. We love you.

5 comments:

Marianna said...

Happy Birthday!

The 6 W's said...

That was a very sweet post!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Virginia!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Virginia!

carroll lane said...

I LOVE me some Virgina too! Tell her that her Shimy loves her and misses her so much! I'll never forget hearing her sweet little cries too! Still can't believe they share a birthday! Love!

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes sweet baby :)