Bibby,
We had your joint birthday party yesterday with 3 of your best buddies; Sam, Sarah Laine and Lillianna. It was so much fun watching you take everything in. When we got home I asked you what your favorite part was and you said, "the cake." When you opened your gift you said, "It's just what I wanted!" We had a great day and the party went off without a hitch. The pinata wouldn't open when everyone pulled the string so I had to rip it open and shake it but once that candy started flowing no one seemed to care. I had a hard time with this birthday. I have just seen you grow up so much this past year. You went from being a toddling two to a very independent three-year-old. You love to be with your friends. You also love to do anything outdoors. Lately you have figured out that when you act ugly or say something you shouldn't you blame it on "your shadow" so that you don't get in trouble. Today your shadow ran through the bathroom door while I was showering on your new scooter then when I asked you to do something you grunted and said "OK" in a really ugly voice. When I asked you if you were talking to me that way you were real quick to say, "No, just your shadow!" Your imagination has really developed and you and your friends have gotten to where you really play well together for longer periods of time creating your own games. Today, after princess ballerina camp you and Lillianna found some dried lilies and pretended like they were magic wands. That brings up another issue; the Parsons are moving. I haven't told you yet and I am absolutely dreading it. I don't know how much you will understand until they are gone but it is just going to be so different without them. The two of you literally have done everything together the past three years. I really think that the 10 days that Lillianna was born before you are the longest the two of you have ever been apart. I will have to do a separate entry about them because I could go on forever but this birthday party was really bitter sweet. Brad left for Mississippi right after it. Enough about that or I will get upset again. You start school on Monday and I haven't told you yet that your Lillianna won't be in your class. You will be fine, it is me I am worried about. I love you so much and have enjoyed every minute of your life. I am just really trying to absorb every look, smile, laugh, hug, kiss that you give me. You think it is so funny right now to tell me that you are going to grow up and Virginia is too and then I fake cry. The sad thing is it really does break my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment